Search This Blog

UPDATED ON MONDAYS

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

New Year's Resolutions


It's resolution time again. I find each year I tend to set several dozen grandiose goals, ones I could only attain if I were perfect and didn't have a regular life to live. Instead of setting the same goals I've set every year, I'm going to be realistic by setting goals that don't overwhelm me.


I'm going to share them here. I encourage you to do the same. The first Wednesday of each month we'll evaluate how we're doing and help each other.



  1. Do something nice for someone (outside my family) 2x a month.


  2. Continue to work out with my trainer 3x a week; add 45 min. cardio at least 1x a week.


  3. Write 3x a week and send one query a month.


  4. Practice speaking and reading Thai 2x a month.



That's it. That is my focus. Each one I had to go back and simplify, and had to stop myself from writing the endless list of unattainable goals.


What are your goals for the year, and how do you keep yourself motivated?

2 comments:

  1. I haven't set any goals this year, except to have sent some queries by the end of the month. :) I got a gift certificate for Amazon for Christmas and will probably use part of it to buy the Writers Market 2010.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your queries! Let me know how it goes. What are you submitting? I think books make the best presents.

    ReplyDelete